Friday, June 12, 2015

Mushroom Goulash for my soul sister

My Dad and Stepmum Sally gave my husband and I the "Revive Cafe cookbook" (www.revive.co.nz) for our engagement last year. It is my favourite book, they have beautiful pictures and fabulous healthful recipes with wonderful ingredients.

This Mushroom goulash is from their book with one very small adaptation. I cooked it for my beautiful friend Leigh when she came to stay with us in Canberra and she remembers it nearly a year on… So this is for you my soul sister, happy cooking and adventuring i miss you like crazy xxx

Ingredients:
1 onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic crushed or chopped
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
1 teaspoon thyme dried
400g mushroom sliced (i love portobello)
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons honey or date puree
200ml coconut cream

1. Saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, oil in a pot for 5 minutes until onion is clear. Lid on is best so mushrooms can sweat.

2. Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne pepper and honey. Stir until heated through and just bubbling.

3. Add coconut cream and stir in gently.

4. Taste and adjust cayenne pepper and salt as required.

(I LOVE to serve this on mashed potatoes or for a healthier option revive recommend quinoa. You can add any other seasonal vegetables you wish).

No comments:

Post a Comment