Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chai Latte Cupcakes

I thought this would be a fantastic cupcake flavor a while ago when I started drinking soy chai lattes a bit more regularly. After a major cake disaster last week I almost gave up baking altogether (completely irrational I know), but I'm glad I didn't because i must say, these cupcakes are my favorites!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
1/4 cup ground linseed
1 cup raw sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Chai Latte:
1 1/2 cups of brown rice milk (soy would work good too)
2 chai tea bags
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 mashed banana (add at the end)

So first of all heat milk and two tea bags in a small pot on the stove on a low heat. Stir regularly for about 10 mins or until the tea bags steep and the chai spices can be tasted in the milk.

In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside. Once the chai latte is cooked add the cider vinegar and then pour slowly into the dry ingredients and gently stir. Add the mashed banana and mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour mixture into 6 large tins or 12 smaller tins and bake in the oven for about 20-25mins at 180. Oh and remember to lightly spray the tins so they don't stick!

Feel free to add frosting if you wish, I thought they were fabulous without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment