Saturday, October 31, 2015

Breakfast Smoothie


I just love having smoothies for breakfast, i think breakfast is one of my favourite meals in the day actually! Anyway, having just replaced my blender after a few months without (my beautiful dog broke the old one), I have started making smoothies for breakfast again. This is a wonderfully filling smoothie with lots of fibre to keep you going throughout the day. I did find after getting used to drinking these for breakfast, if i had a busy day i often wouldn't notice feeling hungry until mid to late afternoon. Here is what i made today....

Ingredients:

1/2 cup wholegrain rolled oats
1 Tbsp chia seeds
4 almonds
3 brazil nuts
1 Tbsp date puree
3 dates
1 banana
1tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups almond milk

I soaked all ingredients overnight in the fridge (except the banana), then added the banana in the morning and blended all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment