Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homemade Pizza and Chocolates!



Today at work I had a fabulous idea, it just popped into my head, as fabulous ideas tend to do... So i thought it would be fun to melt down my favorite 72% cocoa chocolate and remake it with a secret ingredient in the middle! Now it will remain secret for now but I'm willing to spill the beans at an unknown time in the future!


So I arrived home shopping bags filled with Pizza ingredients - fresh sun dried tomatoes, half a pineapple, capsicums, olives, mozzarella (for the non vegan) among other goodies! Laurence had already prepared the dough using whole meal flour and the standard Edmonds pizza dough recipe. She prepared a basic tomato sauce using red wine dolmios pasta sauce, paste and chopped tomatoes. The toppings for my vegan pizzas included courgettes, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers, pineapple etc!

Whilst Laurence prepared the pizzas I melted my chocolate and started making little heart shaped and filled chocolates... Which are devine, the secret ingredient is somewhat earthy and very natural and with the dark chocolate makes the ultimate flavour combination! Laurence had a brilliant idea to use our last pizza dough ball and the leftover chocolate to create a dessert pizza! She topped the chocolate with bananas, apple and boysenberries!


The end result - my first vegan pizza was good, I think I’ll use Cheezly next time though and I think we'll stick to plain white flour for the dough as the whole meal version didn't rise much and crumbled a bit. The dessert pizza was very rich and very tasty, I wouldn't put apple on it but the banana, berry and chocolate combination was lovely!

As for the chocolate hearts wit the secret ingredient…. Perfection!!!

Reuben will love them, he shall receive some in the mail by Monday, and I’ll bring the rest to work to celebrate our new staff room tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment