Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rich Chocolate Sorbet - for all Chocolate lovers!


Ok so this morning I turned on my work computer and this is what was in my inbox! My manager found this recipe among a few other goodies and sent them to me late last night, I'm soooo excited!
The one thing I thought I'd miss most as a Vegan was cheese, but I'm almost over that already. Now that Summer's coming though and when Wellington occassionally (i do mean occassionally) put's on a nice day, I can't help but stare and envy the kids with icecream all over their faces...


So now I can make my own it looks so easy I had to share the recipe! By the way I say double, triple or quadruple the mixture and then just keep it in the freezer till you get that craving, or for a dinner party!

Preparation will take about 15 mins plus freezing time. You'll need to buy some Molasses sugar the recipe reccommends "Billington's" and you'll use 115grams, some Dark Chocolate I'd recommend Whittakers 72% Cacao - you'll need 100g, and then 50g of Cocoa powder (make sure it hasn't got milk solids). Yes that's all only three ingredients!

First you'll need to put the molasses sugar, cocoa powder and 600mls of water into a pot and bring to the boil, stir it occassionally to stop the sugar from sticking. Simmer it for 5 mins. Next you'll need to take this mixture off the heat and add the chocolate and stir until it's melted. Once this has been done leave the mixture to cool down.

Next you'll need to put the mixture into an icecream maker and churn till frozen or alternatively, place in the freezer in a freezer proof container and freeze. Whisk after 45mins with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Repeat 3 times and then freeze for atleast 6 hours. When you want to eat the sorbet remove it from the freezer 15mins before so it has time to soften.
Enjoy your sorbet! (Recipe from http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/)

No comments:

Post a Comment